START LIVING THE DREAM
KICKSTART YOUR CAREER WITH A PRINCE’S TRUST COURSE
WYTHENSHAWE MONDAY 17 SEPTEMBER.
Last year’s Prince’s Trust team receive their certificates during a presentation in Woodhouse Park Lifestyle Centre.
Young unemployed people have the chance to kickstart their career dreams with a course run by the Prince’s Trust in conjunction with Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service. The 12-week course will be held in Wythenshawe, starting on Monday 17 September, and it offers people aged 16 to 25 the chance to beef up their qualifications and confidence in a fun, challenging and motivational environment.
The Prince’s Trust course, based at Wythenshawe Fire Station, is recruiting this week. This is a free course, aimed at everyone aged 16-25, not just budding firefighters, and it could help them earn a raft of qualifications that will make them stand out from the crowd with potential employers.
The Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service website says participants in the 12-week course will have the chance to:
- Develop practical skills to help you in life and work
- Meet exciting new people
- Enjoy an action-packed team-building trip away
- Take part in challenging projects
- Spend a day at a local football club
- Train with firefighters
- Do 5 -10 days work experience
- Get career advice and help with your job search
- Develop your CV
- Make a real difference to your local community.
You’ll have the chance to work towards recognised qualifications and skills such as:
- Prince’s Trust Certificate in employment, teamwork and community skills
- Health and safety
- Manual handling
- Basic food hygiene
- First aid at work
- Adult literacy and numeracy
- Personal, Employability, Achievement and Reflection for Learning (GQAL PEARL)
If you want to be considered for a place on the free 12-week Prince’s Trust course, based at Wythenshawe Fire Station, starting on Monday 17 September contact Prince’s Trust team leader Lauren Garner direct on 078548 50929 or email email@example.com