The Irish Connection with John Lowry

The Irish connection goes on air Saturdays 10am-12 noon. Playing all types of Irish music from Traditional to mainstream.
On the show I try to get interviews with well known artists also new bands/solo singers to help them to get there names and music to the public.
Over the years, I have interviewed  Ronan Keeting/Charlie Lansbourgh/Red Hurley/The Wolfetones/Dana/The Fury brothers also my good friend Jimmy Cricket. Also on the country scien Shaun Loughrey/Foster & Allen/ The Benn sisters/Thomas McGuire/Eamonn Mc Cann. Also the trad groups like Lunasa/Shake the barley(ones to watch) Dessie Donnelly/ 4men & a dog.

There have been so many artists I cant remember them all but its been great to speak to them all.

The show has a big loyal following with 1st, 2nd and 3rd generation Irish people and non Irish listening every week.

The show has listeners from Manchester and surrounding area’s and reaches approx 70,000 + people.

The show is called the irish connection to promote Irish music, food and where to shop and remember the taste of home.

So come on all you First, second and third generation Irish and send your music in to me for radio airplay. Also if you want to come on the show to give people information on a good or new Irish dish feel free.

And not forgetting before T.V. the good old Ghost stories. If you have any let me know and I will record you telling them or if you wish tell them over the phone live on air.

In May i will be having a interview with Dominic Kirwan who has a new C.D. album out on Rossette Records. www.rosetterecords.co.uk

Thats all for now so keep listening on 97.2fm and on line at www.wfmradio.org  every Saturday morning 10am-12 noon.

I look forward to hearing from all you people out there in radio land. And don’t forget to send your music to John Lowry The Irish Connection, P.O.Box 1054,

Manchester M32-8SA.UK.

Don’t forget the competions and Free Wfm/Irish Connection T-Shirts. For free T-Shirts send a S.A.E. to the value of £2.00 to the address above.

State Colour.Black or White. Size. Spread the word and enjoy the moment.

15 Responses to " The Irish Connection with John Lowry "

1. jean clover says:

I would like to know if a song by George Burrows called …dont try to mend me.. was played on the radio this morning
    As I wrote the lyrics

2. Sean Page says:

Hi John

What would ya be looking for with this matchmaking lark. ….? perhaps a kind of blind date thing done in conjunction with the Irish Festival. Im sure the Lancashire Lasses could handle the paddymen

3. I wrote the lyrics to the song by Goerge Burrows "dont try to mend me" says:

can you tell me if the song Dont try to Mend Me …was played on the Irish connection show
    as I wrote the lyrics.

Jean clover

4. peter hurley says:

Hi John,
    I am looking for a small band to play at our small wedding in December any ideas !!!

5. Kevin Farrell says:

Hi John,

Wanted to let you know that Marian Bradfield is singing at the Swinton Folk Club on Monday 3rd June at 8.30pm in the White Lion pub at Swinton. Door charge – I think its about a fiver but well worth the money.

Cheers,

Kevin

6. Mick Kenny says:

Hi John,
    My nephew in Dublin has released a single from his latest album called ‘This Hometown’. His name is Peter Fitzpatrick, he’s a singer/songwriter, and he wants to get his music played on the radio. The track is being played on several stations in Ireland and I thought he might get some airtime over here. Here’s a link for downloading it and getting some info on Peter, http://sdrv.ms/10eaYU2, have a listen and see if you think he deserves a play on the show.
    Regards
    Mick Kenny

• john lowry says:

Hi Mick,
      Sorry for not getting to you before as i dont always check this part of the site out just standard e-mails.

John Lowry

7. Sean says:

Just having a nosey John. How are things? I’ts a bit sad in hospital radio land where I am due to nhs restructuring & lack of patients so lack of audience. I think I’ll change my show to the spiritualist hour! Anything going over your end. I’m thinking News/talk stuff. I know the Irish bit is yours & I would not want to schtep over your fence.

8. Incredible problems below. I’m just quite content to take a look your posting. Many thanks and i am taking a look in front to touch a person. Will you please lower me a send?

9. Mark wraxall says:

Hi ring or text me when you can list your number