Listed below are details of current events being broadcast on Wythenshawe FM’s “What’s On Guide”.
What’s On Guide 27.08.14
- Healthier Together is a review of health and social care across Greater Manchester. Led by the 12 Clinical Commissioning Groups working with social care partners, voluntary organisations and all 10 local authorities in the city.There is a public meeting on Monday 8th September at Wythenshawe Forum between 10am and 1pm, if you miss this you can still drop in during the afternoon and share your views. For more information and do a on-line survey go to the Healthier Together website www.gmcvo.org/site
- Table Manners’ is an interesting, and temporary conversation between two strangers. It is about the familiarity of sharing food together, and the art of conversation. Enjoy this and and a free meal at The Courtyard Cafe in Wythenshawe Park M23 0AB. on Frid. 29th Aug. from 11am – 4pm. To arrange your one to one meal email; email@example.com or call 0161 830 7318
- Communities United Project is a registered charity that utilises the popularity of sport and other recreation as a means of engaging young people in positive activities and training. We are seeking enthusiastic, experienced, motivated and confident people to help us deliver, develop and co ordinate our activity programmes for young people. Tel: 01484 510932 or email firstname.lastname@example.org Closing date for completed applications Friday 5th September 2014, 12 noon.
- The Lifestyle Centre presents a ……. ‘Northern Soul Night’ on Sat Sep. 27th from 7 -11.30pm. with bar open ’til 11pm. Call 0161 436 0560 for tickets at £5pp, or email: email@example.com The Venue is The Lifestyle Centre, on Portway, Woodhouse Park M22 1QW
- JOIN WYTHENSHAWE BUSINESS GATEWAY for their second event. If you would like to promote your business and win new clients in an informal setting, join us for a free information-packed evening. Speakers include Steve Burns, from Transport for Greater Manchester, Simon Edmundson, from Federation of Small Businesses, and Adrian Stores, from Manchester Metropolitan University. The date is Thursday 4th Sept. between 5.30 and 7.30pm at The Forum Centre. This event is provided free of charge by BW3. But you need to book as early as possible………. Please Note this is for businesses only PllllPlease Note:out more and book your FREE place(s)
- The way we all register to vote is changing and here’s a chance to hear about it at The Wythenshawe Forum. Come and meet other like minded individuals, and …….. enter the prize draw for a £20 gift voucher. Places are limited and will be allocated on a first come first serve basis. If you would like to register for a place at The Forum please contact the Customer and Community Engagement team on 0161 274 6422 or try firstname.lastname@example.org The date is Monday 15th September from 2 ’til 4pm in the Forum library.
- Northenden Methodist Church Book Lending Service at Victoria Road Northenden will operate every Saturday from 10-12pm., for further details contact: LYN: 0161 437 761
- UK Counselling Service at Northenden Methodist Church Victoria Road starts every Wednesday, from 20th August: from 7-9pm – do you need some help – need to talk through some issues or need someone to listen? for further details & to book an appointment contact: Lyn on 07773 899 761
- Through Greater Manchester Arts Centre, there are some free Summer workshops for – Sound Design. These are aimed at anyone between 5 and 95 and you can expect fun and creativity. Your work could even be showcased at The Victoria Baths in the autumn when a contemporary production of Romeo and Juliet is staged ……… from Tue 26th to Fri 29th August you could participate in ‘Sound Design’, at Woodhouse Park Lifestyle Centre. Starting times are 2pm
- Woodhouse Park Lifestyle Centre have many projects promoting community inclusion for adults with learning disabilities in Manchester. Drop in Tuesdays 11 ’til 2 at Portway Wythenshawe Manchester M22 1QW
- Girl Power hit Wythenshawe’s Enterprise Centre in July as local women returned to celebrate a reunion event for its ‘Women in Business’ training programme. The successful programme of free training workshops, run for women by women, is part of Wythenshawe Community Housing Groups award winning Enterprise Support Project which identified a lack of development of women’s Enterprise in the UK. The project hopes to begin its 15th course in Autumn 2014, from the Enterprise Centre, which brings together affordable all-inclusive office space alongside FREE business advice for local people. For more information visit www.willowparkenterprise.com or call 0161 945 0655 or just drop in!
- Free English classes ……. ESOL Beginner Course. Enrolment day is Monday, 22nd of September, between 1.00 – 3.00 pm, at Sharston Sure Start Children’s Centre on Poundswick Lane, M22 9TB…… Limited crèche places are available More information from Virginia, or anyone from the Sure Start Team on 0161 998 7280
- A major review of the future of Greater Manchester’s health and care services was launched on 8th July. The service wants to deliver the best health and care in the country for the people of Greater Manchester which is why their vision proposes; better access to GPs, better services in the community and hospitals sharing their expert clinicians across boundaries. All Greater Manchester residents are invited to get involved by registering their views and opinions online, or by attending one of the Best Care Listening Events. The consultation finishes on 30th September 2014. To find out more visit www.bestcaregm.nhs.uk
- There’s a Fun Day at Benchill Community Centre on Saturday 30th Aug., between 11 and 3 …. and help is needed. Can you supply raffle or tombola prizes? Or would you like to set up a stall? If you can help in any way contact Rochelle Lonergan at Benchill Community Centre Benchill Road Wythenshawe M22 8EJ Tel: 0161 945 0879
- There are many activities for adults with learning disabilities, such as Health Walks, Yoga, Football, Discussion Groups, Health Groups. These take place in Burnage, Wythenshawe and West Didsbury. For details contact: 0161 217 3667 or Email: email@example.com
- If you would like us to add your event to this ‘What’s On Guide’, email the details to Jason Kenyon at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Can you buy one extra food item as a donation to help alleviate food poverty among local young people? …… If you can help please contact Rev. Jeremy Tresise tel: 0161 976 3864 or Kath Roberts at Signpost tel: 0161 436 5432
- There are local courses, jobs, courses and volunteering opportunities with MARIM more details on 0161 234 5580 email: email@example.com or look on the website : www.manchester.gov.uk
- Connect Support is a registered charity giving help and support to relatives and carers dealing with mental illness. For the over 50’s there is Moorside Community Hub where you can find: Northenden Healthy Living Group, The Tuesday Club, Moorside Residents Group, The Thursday Club, The Generation Project, Connect Support and South Manchester Arthritis Support Group. Activities include: bingo, guest speakers, quizes, coffee mornings, chat, crafts and excercises. The venue is Moorside. 6, Robert Owen Gardens, Northenden. M22 4DD. Find out more, during office hours, on 0161 945 2950
- Wythenshawe Oasis is conducting research to find out if people in Wythenshawe want to volunteer – and if they do – why – and what do they want to do. Please fill in our survey, there are only 10 questions, and it will help Wythenshawe Oasis develop better volunteering opportunities for local residents. Details on; https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/SGZ95GP
- SVP Furniture Project in Wythenshawe is looking for a Volunteer that can work from home answering a mobile phone and take orders and messages. For further details Tel .Bernard Caine on 0161 902 9221
- Sue Clarke is trying to ‘set up’ an Over 50′s Club at Lawton Moor Methodist Church on Button Lane, but is having problems arranging transport for some of the elderly. Can anyone help or give Sue any ideas to solve her transport problem? Sue’s number is 07821 373833
- Wythenshawe Oasis and Manchester Advice Alliance are setting up access points, where people will be able to use computers for free with the support of trained volunteers, to make their benefit claims and find information online……Volunteers are needed …..and they will get free training, so if you would like to be one, you must to be able to offer 3 hours per week and have good computer skills. The access point will be open Tuesday and Thursday 10am till 1pm at St Andrews House. For more information, or to sign up for the training contact Jason Kenyon 0161 437 4003 or email Jason.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Free ….. a ‘Community Reporter Train the Trainer Programme’ ….this is an exciting opportunity for people to learn the skills required to deliver Community Reporter training, covering; basic journalism, photography, audio and video production. You do need to possess content creation skills and commitment. Full details from: www.macc.org.uk or tel: 0161 834 9823 or Email: email@example.com
- ‘Neighbourhood Life’ is introducing a programme called Health and Wellbeing at Forum Leisure. Details from 07718194479
- ‘Real Food Wythenshawe’ is running courses to help you grow, cook and eat sustainably. To book Tel; 0161 946 7548 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you would like to get involved with helping the Real Food team at the walled garden in Wythenshawe Park, they will be meeting at 1pm every Wednesday at the Community Farm. Come and get involved and have some fun!
- The Skills Academy is a Project set up by Manchester Mencap, it’s at Benchill Community Centre, and it’s very different from mainstream learning disability projects because they produce TV style programmes, and a Radio Show. They are open Monday to Friday between 10am to 3pm. The TV style programmes they produce are for the people who attend, and each one receives a copy on DVD. The productions include TV chat shows such as ‘On The Couch With Dave and Darren’, some comedy, and a weekly radio show – called ‘The Crew Show’ which is broadcast on WFM 97.2 each Thursday between 4 and 5pm. …… The talent shown is extraordinary …..just take a listen https://www.youtube.com/watchv=B0WwnAu15yA For more info email email@example.com or phone 07881 468 569
- This request is from The Wythenshawe Group of ‘Contact The Elderly’. They need Volunteer Hosts …… so if you are prepared to welcome between 6 to 10 elderly people (and their drivers) into your home and provide tea, sandwiches, cake and good company for a couple of hours one Sunday afternoon, here’s how to make contact …. tel. Gwen Lightfoot on 01925 728969 or email Gwen on firstname.lastname@example.org This sounds like a really good community project. By the way – a downstairs toilet is essential.
To submit details of an event you are running please fill in your details below. If you have a press release document you may send this by selecting 'attach file.'