Listed below are details of current events being broadcast on Wythenshawe FM’s “What’s On Guide”.
What’s On Guide 07.04.16
1. Here’s your chance to help keep your local radio station going …did you know that WFM is a charity? Run entirely by volunteers…on Saturday 23rd April we will be ‘Bag Packing at the Tesco Store in Baguley from 11am ‘til 7pm…… and entertaining shoppers with some music. Come and drop a few coins …or even a note into one of our buckets. The details again are …. Saturday 23rd April the Tesco Store in Baguley from 11am ‘til 7pm
2. Parents, are you at your wits end with your children’s behaviour? Do you feel like your kids rule your house? Do you feel you’ve lost control and need expert advice to get back on track? In a new series of the successful Channel 4 TV show, Liberty Bell Productions are offering families with a wide variety of child behaviour problems the chance to work with Kathryn Mewes, a highly experienced parenting expert and author of ‘The Three Day Nanny’. Whatever the problem, Nanny Kathryn works closely with parents and children to offer bespoke trouble-shooting advice. Parents can to apply for Kathryn’s expert help by taking part in this programme. If you are interested in taking part get in touch ASAP via the listing on the ‘Current Shows’ page on our website at http://www.sroaudiences.com.
3. This information is for unpaid carers to do your job well you must stay well yourself. If you’ve not had a health check for some time, and are registered with a GP in south Manchester, you can access appointments designed just for carers. These are available each Sunday between 1 & 2pm at: Barlow Medical Centre, Ladybarn Group Practice, and Northenden Group Practice. For more details, and to make an appointment call Manchester Carers Forum on 0161 819 2226 between 10am and 4.30pm or email: email@example.com
4. Every Saturday in the Forum between 5 and 7pm it’s ‘Boots and Beats’. This is a chance to tackle youth unemployment through music and football. Activities include 5-A-Side matches, coaching sessions, DJ and lyric writing sessions, CV and skill building support
5. Manfords Comedy Club at Altrincham Garrick on March 24th details from altrinchamgarrick.co.uk/booking
6. There’s a friendly creative calligraphy group meeting in the Wythenshawe library IT Suite each Wednesday between 1.30 & 3.30pm
7. The Prince’s Trust Team programme, delivered by The Manchester College is looking for work placements If you are able to help please contact Glen on 07711370127 for more details.
8. An invitation to join Walking Football……… it’s on each Thursday from 11am to 12 noon …….. it costs £2.50 and is open to men & women over 50. More details from Nick Roberts on 07894 422403 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
9. Do you feel a little lost – stuck – or left behind? Want a better future but don’t know how to make it happen …………….. try joining a Big Ask Training course here in Wythenshawe. Big Ask Training is fun friendly and free…………Call them on 0161 393 7171
10. Free three hour workshops in practicing mindfulness and reducing stress are held regularly in Wythenshawe……….details from www.selfhelpservices.org.uk or 0161 226 3871
11. Sale Waterside Arts Centre Summer Season Listings are available from www.watersideartscentre.co.uk
12. If you are over 55 and fed up looking at four walls get along to GDO ……that’s Grand Day Out each Wednesday from 10 ‘til 2 in the Forum. Good company and the chance of an occasional free outing too
13. The Friends of Hollyhedge Park desperately need more help. They need at least 3 people to form a committee so they can access vital funding for future events …. and to renovate the community park. Can you help? …. If so contact Pam Smith on 07594681112.
14. Free Music and Arts sessions for people with Dementia, led by Manchester Camerata, details from Mel Brown on 0161 882 2171
15. At Wythenshawe Forum there are swimming sessions available for Dementia Friendly Swimming. £1 Per session; free to people over 60 and to carers supporting someone living with dementia. From 1 ‘til 2pm each Friday. More details on 07583 134810 or email; email@example.com
16. A Craft Group meet each Saturday from 2-4pm in the Forum Library. If you are female or male aged over 16yrs get along and join For details contact Sheila on 07788412883
17. Free Believe and Achieve. Are you aged 16-24 years old, not in education, training or employment? Then the new Barclays Premier League Works, employment skills training could be great for you. Course content: Stadium tour, CV writing and job searches, interview skills, money skills (experts from Barclays Bank), meet MCFC staff, FA Level 1 qualification, work experience at MCFC. To register your interest or get involved please contact Deborah Glynn on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0161 438 7842 Follow us@CITCTweets www.facebook.com/mcfccitc
18. What’s on in The Forum Centre on Wednesdays for the over 55’s? The answer is from 10.30 to 11.30 am. there are easy rhythm chair-based exercises from 1.30-2.30pm Yoga ……. From 1-2pm A Tea Dance, and from 2-4pm a knitting group.Get all the info on 0161 227 3770 or call in to the library
19. If you care for someone over 16 with a learning disability you could drop in to a Carers Group at Alpha House, Rowlandsway, M22 SRG. It’s open every weekday from 10 ‘til 3. More info on 0161 498 0312 or email: email@example.com
20. Maybe you can’t manage the gym but still need to exercise then here’s a solution – Chair Exercises at St Michael’s Community Hall Orton Road, Northern Moor, M23 0PX – every Friday from 2.00 to 3.00pm Full details on 0791 613 8761 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
21. If you are over 55 the place to be is Wythenshawe Forum on Wednesdays between 10 and 4pm. You can join in Yoga, Sequence Dancing, Arts and Craft Activities, Easy Rhythms Exercise Classes, or buy refreshments or a roast dinner. Most activities are free or carry a small charge. Full information on 0161 935 4020 and email; email@example.com
22. For every 8 people in Britain 1 person is a carer ……..are you a carer? ……. Manchester Carers Forum is The Voice of The Carers and the local group meet at Crossacres Resource Centre, 1 Peel Road, Wythenshawe M22 5DG. Full information on 0161 819 2226 or www.manchestercarersforum.org.uk
If you would like us to add your event to this ‘What’s On Guide’, email the details to:firstname.lastname@example.org